Nursery teacher – Mrs Withers
Nursery teaching assistant – Mrs Passaseo
Nursery 1:1 teaching assistant – Mrs Halliday
- If your child is eligible for 30 hours, the Nursery session will begin at 8:30 and finish at 3:15. You are welcome to bring a packed lunch, or can purchase a school dinner. Nursery lunch is from 11:30 until 12:30.
- If your child is eligible for 15 hours, the morning Nursery session begins at 8:30 and finishes at 11:30.
- Please remember to send your child in with a named water bottle, bag and at least one change of clothes.
Days to remember
- Wednesday morning – P.E (this will usually be a yoga session in the Nursery classroom)
- Thursday afternoon – P.E (this will be a more active session in the Sports Hall: please make sure your child is dressed appropriately)
- Thursday – Library books!
- Friday – Forest School (this will alternate each week between AM and PM. Please check on Class Dojo to see which session it will be each week)
We use Class Dojo to send photos, updates and news of what is going on in Nursery. Please feel free to send in photos of what your child has been up to at home – the children love to be able to share what they have been enjoying with their friends.
Mrs Withers will be on Nursery gate every morning – please pass on any important messages (or alternatively you can send a message on Dojo). Mrs Passaseo will be on Nursery gate at the end of the day.
How we learn in Nursery!
We follow the ‘Early Years Foundation Stage’ curriculum, with guidance taken from ‘Development Matters’ and ‘Birth to 5 Matters’. Children in Nursery have 90 minutes of “choosing time” in the morning, and the same in the afternoon.
Choosing time allows children to choose their own learning through play activities which is encouraged in the classroom inside, and in our outdoor area too. The children are also able to access the Reception classroom too where they can participate in different activities and develop relationships with the children and staff throughout the EYFS unit.
The Nursery is set into different ‘areas of learning’ – such as a creative area, construction area and playdough area. However we recognise that learning takes place in many different forms of play and this is encouraged throughout Nursery, children are able to take their learning wherever they feel most comfortable.
We encourage the children to develop confidence, build friendships and become independent through play. We also plan half-termly ‘topics’ to enhance our environment and further children’s learning. Our current topic is ‘Me and My Family’.
We have two carpet sessions during the day which are focussed on listening games, introducing maths concepts and developing the children’s communication. In Autumn 2, we will begin our ‘Little Wandle’ sessions where we will begin to get ready for phonics!
Here is just a snippet of some of the things we have been up to so far…
A few last useful documents – our Long Term Plan is currently being updated and will be shared with you as soon as it is ready!